Why Whitaker? Features & Benefits of Working with Whitaker Staffing Consultants
Proven Performance & Stability
In business since 1983, we have established a network of the top professionals and have cultivated relationships with “key spheres of influence” within each marketplace. Given our longevity in the industry, we can work with you to create a map of where you want to take your career.
Working with our Staffing Consultants incurs no cost to the candidates. In fact, our employees on assignment are paid weekly, regardless if our client has paid their invoice. We are committed to employing the most qualified professionals and believe professionals should be paid as such.
Specialized by division and individual markets, our Staffing Consultants average 9 years of recruiting experience with our senior team members averaging 13 years of recruiting experience.
Whitaker IT specialized in Information Technology staffing for today’s in-demand technologies: ERP (Oracle, SAP and Peoplesoft), business and custom applications including Java, Microsoft and Open Source Technologies, and Healthcare IT.
Whitaker Technical specialized in Engineering / Technical professions for the upstream, midstream and downstream energy and chemical process industries nationwide.
Furthermore, our deep knowledge of the industry, the technology, the markets, the tools and the talent pool enable us to source and deliver the highest quality talent to meet time-sensitive staffing needs.
In meeting the needs of candidates, we work to understand each candidate’s experience, expertise and personality in order to place them in challenging and rewarding roles. Instead of asking, “what job are you looking for?” we ask, “where do you want to take your career?”
Since we have direct relationships with the clients and are focused on getting to know the organization completely, the culture, group personality and expectations, this allows us to quickly determine if the client will be good fit.
As a valued member of our staffing and specialty industries, our employees have been recognized for the commitments and service on a national level including but not limited to:
- Agile Leadership
- AITP Houston
- America’s SAP Users Group (ASUG)
- American Association of Drilling Engineers (ASDE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Executive Women in Texas Government (EWTG)
- Houston .Net Users Group (HDNUG)
- Houston Area SQL Server Users Group (HASSUG)
- Houston Java Users Group (HJUG)
- Houston Oracle Users Group (HOUG)
- Houston Young Professionals
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA)
- Service Transmission Exploration Production Safety (STEPS)
- Society of Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP)
- Texas Chemical Council/Association of Chemical Industry of Texas (TCC/ACIT)
- Texas Association of State Systems for Computing & Communications (TASSCC)
- Women in Technology International (WITI)
- Women’s Energy Network (WEN)
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
Visit our Associations page for a full list of our involvement.
Continuing Education & Professional Development
All Senior Staffing Consultants hold Certified Personnel Consultants (CPC) and/or Certified Temporary Staffing (CTS) certifications from The National Association of Personnel Services.
- Once an offer is extended and accepted, our administrative team will assist in managing the onboarding process to ensure a successful transition to the project.
- Onboarding process for contract employees includes Whitaker employment paperwork, pre-employment requirements (drug screen and background check, if applicable), and client policies and procedures as determined.
- Your Account Manager will assist in tendering resignation and dealing with a counter-offer, and work with human resources to ensure a smooth transition.
To maintain a successful track record, we conduct quality calls and continue correspondence with both the candidate and direct supervisor to ensure an ongoing successful rapport, and to remedy any concerns before they could escalate to a problem on the project.
Once a contract assignment nears its end, our Staffing Consultants work with candidates to identify the next ideal opportunity to ensure a successful transition to the new assignment with little to no interruption in employment.