Why Whitaker? Features & Benefits of Selecting Whitaker Companies as Your Staffing Partner
Proven Performance & Stability
In business since 1983, we have established a network and database of the top professionals and have cultivated relationships with “key spheres of influence” within the marketplace.
Our headquarters in Houston, Texas, places us at the heart of the global information technology, energy, petrochemical and chemical process industries. Furthermore, our deep knowledge of the industry, the technology, the markets, the tools and the talent pool enable us to source and deliver the highest quality talent to meet time-sensitive staffing needs.
Fast & Effective
Our team taps into many different resources including: proprietary database (cultivated since 1983), referrals, active participation and sponsorship in numerous industry associations and virtual networks.
Specialized by division and individual markets, our Staffing Consultants average 9 years of recruiting experience with our senior team members averaging 13 years of recruiting experience.
Whitaker IT specialized in Information Technology staffing for today’s in-demand technologies: ERP (Oracle, SAP and Peoplesoft), business and custom applications including Java, Microsoft and Open Source Technologies, and Healthcare IT.
Whitaker Technical specialized in Engineering / Technical professions for the upstream, midstream and downstream energy and chemical process industries nationwide.
We provide contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire placement services in both contingency and retained search capacities. Unlike most staffing and search firms, we offer professional search and contract placement services across the country, thus enabling our client companies to seamlessly meet all of their human resource needs using one provider.
Our Account Managers, your single point of contact, will lead a recruiting team focused on getting to know your organization completely, your culture, group personality and expectations which allows us to identify the hand-in-glove fit quickly.
No matter the challenges of your situation, we believe in a tailored approach that provides our clients with only the most qualified candidates, specifically screened to assure that your needs are met efficiently. Our unique and effective approach includes contract, contract-to-hire and three solution models for direct-hire: contingency, engaged and retained search. For contingency searches, we only invoice if our candidate is selected for the assignment or hired directly.
Our unique and effective approach (our true search methodology ensures that we identify the ideal professional with the best experience, credentials and culture fit for your organization) provides our clients with only the most qualified candidates, specifically screened to assure that your needs are met efficiently. In our experience, “quality” trumps “quantity” every time. Our team identifies the best-qualified candidates without subjecting you to a barrage of resumes.
As a valued member of our staffing and specialty industries, our employees have been recognized for the commitments and service on a national level including but not limited to:
- Agile Leadership
- AITP Houston
- America’s SAP Users Group (ASUG)
- American Association of Drilling Engineers (ASDE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Executive Women in Texas Government (EWTG)
- Houston .Net Users Group (HDNUG)
- Houston Area SQL Server Users Group (HASSUG)
- Houston Java Users Group (HJUG)
- Houston Oracle Users Group (HOUG)
- Houston Young Professionals
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA)
- Service Transmission Exploration Production Safety (STEPS)
- Society of Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP)
- Texas Chemical Council/Association of Chemical Industry of Texas (TCC/ACIT)
- Texas Association of State Systems for Computing & Communications (TASSCC)
- Women in Technology International (WITI)
- Women’s Energy Network (WEN)
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
Visit our Associations page for a full list of our involvement.
Continuing Education & Professional Development
All Senior Staffing Consultants hold Certified Personnel Consultants (CPC) and/or Certified Temporary Staffing (CTS) certifications from The National Association of Personnel Services.
- Once an offer is extended and accepted, our administrative team will assist in managing the onboarding process to ensure a successful transition of the candidate on the project.
- Onboarding process for contract employees includes Whitaker employment paperwork, pre-employment requirements (drug screen and background check, if applicable), and client policies and procedures as determined by the client.
- Your Account Manager will assist candidates through the first few days by reviewing and preparing for daily duties, commute, company culture, expectations, etc.
- Your Account Manager will assist in tendering resignation and dealing with a counter-offer, and work with human resources to ensure a smooth transition.