Questions To Ask The Interviewer
October 28th, 2015 by Cassie Fisher
If offered an opportunity during an interview to ask questions, be sure to prioritize what questions you ask to learn as much as you can about the position’s responsibilities, expectations, deliverables and requirements. Most interviewers initially set aside only a short amount of time for an interview, so you want to learn as much as you can as quickly as you can.
This will help you evaluate the fit for yourself, gain a clearer understanding of what they believe are the most important skills and accomplishments to possess, and gain a better understanding of the position.
- How will the performance of the employee in this position be judged? What accounts for success?
- How would you describe the company work environment?
- How would you describe the management philosophy?
- In what ways has this company been most successful in terms of products and services over the years?
- What are some of the more difficult problems one would have to face in this position? How do you think these could be best handled?
- What are the most important personal skills and characteristics for a candidate to possess to be successful in this position, and to be a fit for your company’s environment/culture? Why?
- What are the most important skills, work experiences and accomplishments a candidate must possess to be successful in this position? Why?
- What freedom would I have in determining my work objectives, deadlines, and methods of measurement?
- What is not being done now that they need/want or must be done by this position?
- What must the candidate hired for this position accomplish over the first 3 to 6 or 9 months? What will the candidate hired for this position most likely need to accomplish beyond these immediate needs once needs are met?
- What other criteria do you consider essential when you’re evaluating a candidate for this position? Why?
- What significant changes do you foresee in the near future?
- What type of support does this position receive in terms of people, finances, etc.?
- What, about the company, convinced you to join and/or stay throughout the years?
- Where could an employee go who is successful in this position and within what time frame?
Comments are closed.