How to Maximize Remote Workforce to Maintain Productivity
March 20th, 2020 by Cassie Fisher
This is not another COVID-19 email message that we are all getting these days…. This is our standard monthly newsletter about moving business forward and maintaining productivity. Enough with doom and gloom, how about we focus on making the best of our temporary reality?
“The show must go on” and so do our work responsibilities. While this shift to remote work may not be a major transition for some organizations, we recognize that for others, staying secure and productive during this critical time can be a challenge. Whitaker started offering remote work opportunities a few years ago to certain positions. Being successful in rolling out and navigating the transition of a partially remote workforce, here’s our advice on how to maximize this new work arrangement to maintain productivity:
Team leads (management positions):
- Plan and schedule your day as though you are in the company office with meetings, project reviews, etc.
- Communicate! It’s easy to feel like you’re on your own island, so to combat this feeling keep the communication channels open.
- Establish a video platform for your team. Video updates, progress reports and project reviews can be just as good as face to face and far superior to audio.
- Designate your work space away from distractions (TV, family, pets, etc.) and discuss boundaries with those at home with you.
- Keep your office (home) hours! It can be easy to lose track of your routine, but experts recommend keeping the same routine as if you are working in the office to keep your “normal” mindset.
- Test connections and login prior to transitioning home! This is the most obvious piece of advice, but some will assume everything will be up to speed. VPN, WIFI speed, phone, etc. all should be fully tested to determine if it can take the increased activity.
“Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” Robert H. Schuller. We are talking daily with IT Managers and Directors and understand the severity and time-sensitive tasks you face. How can Whitaker help you?
If you work from home, use these 12 crucial tips every day
Working from home is a privilege that requires additional responsibilities. Just like being your own boss, it comes with it an additional layer of management that you need to carefully manage.
7 tips for leading remote IT teams successfully
Managing virtual work environments requires an assortment of real-world skills and tools. Here are the tactics that inspire creativity and productivity.
7 Steps IT Departments Need to Take Now to Manage a Telecommuting Spike
The coronavirus has many businesses telling their employees to work from home for the foreseeable future. These are the steps IT needs to take to manage this sudden surge of telecommuters.
Comments are closed.